Wherein the guys rise to new highs as they canonize the word "hurdlize."
Refactored #044: “Do Healthcare Apps Suck?"
On this episode of Refactored…
- Frank intros a new topic, and the guys quickly agree on why healthcare apps all suck. It is
- Conway’s Law is brought up indirectly: “Any organization that designs a system (defined broadly) will produce a design whose structure is a copy of the organization’s communication structure.”
- The guys debate whether compliance frameworks (HIPPA, PCI, SOX, et al.) necessarily produce “better” software.
- Frank argues they help quality by forcibly raising certain bars.
- Chris argues they just shuffle the risk and burden around.
- The guys discass one the role vendors play in software system security.
- Chris claims that most software is a race to the bottom, most of the time.
- How do you manage delivery of binary artifacts? Chris haz questions.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed