Wherein - and this is quite possibly a Refactored first - no one fights during the whole show.
published Dec 14, 2021
Refactored #049: “Just Say No (To Your Boss)"
On this episode of Refactored…
- The guys discuss recent travel. Frank’s sick and tired of these masks, man, but Chris turns it into a Jira thing? What are rules without enforcement, he wonders…
- Offsite meetings are clutch, especially for distributed teams.
- Chris really hates Microsoft Teams. Like, abhors it.
- Frank comes out with two helpful tips for teams:
- You are allowed to say ‘no.’
- Delegation is a thing, mmm’kay?
- Frank wastes everyone’s time belaboring the obvious.
- Chris wastes eveyrone’s time EITHER belaboring the obvious or leaving people in the dust. Why can’t he just find a happy medium? Childhood trauma? Unresolved trust issues? Too much caffiene?
- The guys agree - as a manager your job is to be the CRO for your team: the Chief Repeating Officer
- The guys want you to ask more dumb questions. Everyone will thank you, on the whole.
- Chris has an axe to grind about meeting hygiene. He draws some hard lines.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed