Wherein Chris and Frank design scheme after plot to bilk unwitting consumers for millions. Oh wait, that was Amazon.
Refactored #063: “Dark Patterns”
On this episode of Refactored…
- The FTC probes Amazon for “deliberately confusing” users during signup. Frank has a strong opinion on this one. UI screenshots that were discussed embedded below.
- Chris was annoyed at how Fruit Ninja kept shoving adds at his son.
- The guys fight about the meanging of the term satisfice. It’s sad.
- Steve Krug enters the chat retroactively as Frank remembers the name of the book Don’t Make Me Think.
- Frank then points us to the revelation of Project Iliad. Chris is upset-bordering-speechless, having just experienced the fruit of this particular labor of
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed