Wherein all "screen time" is not created equal, and Chris hates Webmin.
Refactored #005: “DIE, Cattle, DIE!"
On this episode of Refactored…
- While the physiology of “screen time” is universally bad, there ARE very meaningful variations, cognitively.
- Frank and Chris tease apart why they think the technology sector seems disproportionately led by non-technologists.
- SolarWinds (and many of their customers) were victimized by a supply-chain attack. That’s… not great.
- Frank introduces the D.I.E. model - Distributed, Immutable, Ephemeral - after explaining that servers are like cattle, not pets.
- Chris purports to be working on a new project with a bunch of stupid buzzwords like NewSQL and YugabyteDB.
- Salesforce to buy Slack. Frank is sad. Chris doesn’t care.
- Jim Collins has entered the chat because his book Good to Great is required reading.
- The pick of the week is the Coder Radio podcast.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed