Wherein Frank can't remember the word for liking words, but is super eager to fire everyone.
Refactored #015: “Play to Your Strengths”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Freeeeeedoooom! … it’s too much for some people. Not everyone is an Entrepreneur.
- Frank draws a compelling parallel[ogram] between a business team and a soccer team.
- Chris wants his team to screw up constantly (read: he gives them a mandate to make new mistakes in good faith).
- The guys agree that if you’re in leadership, repetition is part of the job. Be the “Chief Repeating Officer”
- Is inspiring indepedence as much work as micromanaging?
- The guys agree that the Myers-Briggs test is complete, utter bullcrap. Frank touts the CliftonStrengths assessment.
- Frank wants a Ban Hammer like Mark Spagnuolo’s. Chris misremembers it, and falsely asserts it’s made of maple.
- Tim Ewald enters the chat as Chris remembers he was supposed to link to the Clojure Con talk, Programming with Hand Tools.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed