Wherein Frank doesn't want to work for Gavin Belson, and Chris blames Millenials.
Refactored #018: “Hiring That Doesn’t Suck”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Frank and Chris explain their old funnel-shaped hiring process that was reductive… until it wasn’t.
- Resume Screen
- Automated Code Test
- HR Screen
- Resume & Documentation Review
- Human Call
- Nerd Call
- The guys elaborate on their “two to say yes; maybe means no” policy.
- Frank would rather BS an answer to the question “what is your greatest weakness,” than slit his wrists for Gavin Belson.
- Chris really pushes to make technical interviews conversational, rather than straight Q & A.
- Frank’s team is now doing pair programming in their interviews… and it sounds hella cool.
- The guys have GREAT bars in their marketing collateral.
- Chris' team has added a final panel interview wherein the hiring manager leaves before it’s over - genius or crazy? You decide.
- Frank makes his second promise in as many weeks and Chris objects emphatically.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed