Wherein Frank backs metroidvania games and Chris hates Candyland.
Refactored #042: “Fun and Games”
On this episode of Refactored…
- The Rona is rounding Castle Koehl, and the guys wind up discussing the different learning styles of their kids… the stubborn little adorable petri dishes that they are.
- Frank talks about some of the games he’s backed on Kickstarter (shout out to Ender Lilies), and professes his love for the Metroidvania genre. Breath of the Wild is mentioned.
- Frank learns that woodworking is a lot more common than he thought amongst techies. Chris claims it’s something to do with the tangible work product.
- Chris points out an alternate definition for “escapism” which can actually be super beneficial for work/life balance.
- “Strength and comfort cannot coexist,” said…no one, cause Frank screwed up the phrase. It’s “Growth and comfort cannot coexist.”
- Can you teach motivation? The guys debate.
- The pick of the week is a wireless availability indactor called the Luxafor Switch.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at email@example.com.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed