Wherein there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Refactored #051: “Simon Says: West Side Story Sucks”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Chris hasn’t seen Spider-Man: No Way Home yet and Frank can’t believe it. The ratings & reviews are very favorable. It had a $253M box office opening weekend (that’s a record).
- Jerry Z. Muller enters the chat as Chris recommends The Tyranny of Metrics.
- Has anyone figured out population, theatre, and inflation adjusted box office stats?
- Frank makes a great point about considering the reasons that things succeed and/or fail. TLDR - retconning runs rampant.
- Chris explains why you should go watch the intro video for the C4 Model, system mapping tool of the gods. It’s software architecture diagramming, made simple (which means it actually gets done).
- The picks this week are Spider-Man: No Way Home and the C4 Model.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed