Wherein Frank has an aneurysm while Chris takes the low road.
Refactored #057: “Job Boards for Engineers”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Frank triples the speed limit and commits five other misdemeanors on his way to Target for a PS5!
<insert FF7 victory fanfare>
- StackOverflow announced a while back a savage, malicious, bad-faith attack on the entire software development industry.
- Who, what, when, where, why, and how? The guys unpack the details.
- Where do technologists go from here? No one seems to have any great ideas.
- Jim Collins enters the chat when Frank mentions Good to Great: get the right people on
the bus your team, and the wrong people off.
- Joel Spolsky says every developer needs four walls and a door. Frank says this is the troo troo.
- Chris has an axe to grind with using the word “engineer” willy nilly. Turns it into a whole rant.
- Would licensing (and insuring) software developers… matter? The guys discuss whether meaningful liability would change anything about our industry.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at email@example.com.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed