Wherein Frank has some great negative energy that Chris (blue-blooded corn-fed 'Murican he is) doesn't want to quash.
Refactored #061: “Career Advice”
On this episode of Refactored…
- The guys talk unlimited PTO. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Spoiler: unlimited PTO is not a panacea.
- Frank thinks companies that don’t pay out unused PTO are scummy. Chris thinks it encourages better utilization.
- “crunch” is a term used by the gaming industry to mask a systemtically broken corporate culture. The guys debate.
- Frank brings r/AntiWork into the discussion. The guys have different takeaways on the subject, but two things are clear:
- There are some real hardships being expressed there.
- The conclusions/solutions aren’t always pragmatic.
- Chris preaches about setting boundaries with respect to personal time. He also comes in kinda hot when the phrase “work life balance” comes up.
- Messrs cabbage and son of Anthony discuss American cultural work identity.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at email@example.com.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed