Wherein Chris learns to be a developer... aww, isn't he cute?
Refactored #085: “Hustle Culture”
On this episode of Refactored…
belongs_to associations trip Chris up. What a dumb-dumb.
- Chris makes the point that most of software development is yak shaving.
- There is much dissection of why undergrad programs fail to produce people with basic skills.
- The guys fight about hustle culture. Necessarily toxic? You decide.
- There is much reconciliation when the guys agree about the behaviors of curiosity and peripheral vision.
- Hiring sucks. Seriously. One of the hardest parts of the jerb.
- The guys agree that trust & delegation are key to any team, at any point, of any size, in perpetuity and throughout the entire universe.
- Go Phils!
<internal note - do not publish>: wait, do we really invoke the sportsballs here?
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at email@example.com.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed