Wherein Chris gets fired and Frank still harbors a lot of FAANGer.
Refactored #087: “Macroeconomics Ragnarök”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Frank is super hype for the new God of War, if you couldn’t tell.
- Layoffs.fyi is — unfortunately — a super interesting site right now.
- The big bois are all announcing hiring freezes and/or layoffs right now. Most recently Facebook and Apple. Rumors about Amazon next. Chris has a somber prediction.
- The guys talk resumes. Few quick tips:
- Quantify All The Things.
- Talk about you, not your team.
- Speak to accomplishments, not responsibilities.
- Highlight your role, not your company.
- Frank wrote about this topic in more depth.
- The guys debate the value proposition of the cloud. dhh is moving HEY off the cloud (link to article and podcast).
- Is the fediverse ready for prime time as Twitter’s future is uncertain? The guys discuss Mastodon, Diaspora, PeerTube, etc.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed