Wherein Chris gets lubed up and Frank lies about the budget
published Jan 31, 2023
Refactored #095: “Just Call It Security”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Chris lubed up his Cherry MX Browns and likes the result. What are the primary benefits? In order:
- Bragging rights
- Frank asks, why can’t developers seem to say “no?”
- Are programmers and biz/dev prone to forming an abusive codependency?
- Technical communication — and this is a novel revelation you’ll only find on Refactored — is hard.
- Frank thinks “cars are great.” We’re vying hard for ad money from GM.
- Business is finally starting to
understand at least invest in, infosec. Is there something to learn apropos to other “hidden complexities?”
- Ask the Internet: “What books should every programmer read?” from r/AskProgramming.
- Rob Fitzpatrick, Kent Beck, Leo Babauta, and Jim Collins all enter the chat at the same time, kinda awkwardly crowding the doorway as the guys recommend The Mom Test, Extreme Programming Explained, The Power of Less (which Chris erranly called “Less is More”), and Good to Great, respectively.
- The picks of the week are the G-Lube and Brush by Glorious, to give your mechanical keeb switches that smooth and silky thock.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at email@example.com.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed