Wherein Frank doesn't AI and Chris still wants to use Rails 2.
published Apr 13, 2023
Refactored #101: “Microservices Suck”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Frank argues that Microsoft is the best… because they’re consistenly poor. The logic kinda hurts Chris' brain, but also works, oddly. It’s a strange world we live in.
- The guys talk about microservices. Do you want to build them? Probably not. But! They are web scale (NSFW)… so… ya got that going for you.
- For a lot of businesses, the guys argue it’s an antipattern. Distracts from getting the jerb done.
- Microservices may just be worse than NoSQL. Maybe.
- The guys debate innovation - how much “new” you should bite off with each project.
- SIMPLICITY is a first class feature. Don’t forget it, schlub!
- The pick of the week is ChatGPT Plus, Chris' new junior developer. Now you too can become a prompt engineer!
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed