Wherein Gary is a jerk, and you shouldn't stress about your code coverage.
Refactored #003: “Working With a 10x Developer”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Top lessons learned from working with a 10x developer by Jeffrey Bakker
- The guys debate the definition of “Legacy” code. Frank says it boils down to age & depedencies, while Chris thinks it has more to do with a [lack of] control.
- The guys agree that code reviews MUST be dispassionate analysis. No names. No emotions. “You are not your code.”
- Chris has a bone to pick with BDD. Frank agrees it’s bunk.
- Kent Beck, of Extreme Programming fame, doesn’t advocate 100% test coverage.
- Frank and Chris agree that documentation, tests, and all the other “meta” are non-negotiable parts of writing software.
- The pick of the week is the Das Keyboard 5Q.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at email@example.com.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed