Wherein Frank - out of options and backed into a corner - is forced to admit that maybe Chris had a good idea.
Refactored #021: “The Career Schema Project”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Everyone knows the only reason to get into computer science is for the chicks.
- Chris announces the creation of the Career Schema Project!
- The CSP mission is to bring betten access and equity to the search process by developing open standards and technology to reduce the time, cost, and stress of interacting in the job market.
- Why do I have to data-enter all my information if I just uploaded my résumé? Blame the ATS if you want - the problem is that résumés are for humans, not machines.
- The “bio” specification (still in “oh-dot” development) is a machine-readable résumé/CV.
- Chris chides Frank’s redundant diction while Frank mocks Chris' flub of the word résumé. What jerks.
- The pick of the week is Hugo, the static site generator.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed