Wherein automated desks murder everyone, and afterward they start resigning in droves.
published May 11, 2021
Refactored #022: “Returning to the Office”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Google is going all out on their return to office transition plan. The Times reports, Verge covers, and the guys add much commentary:
- sit/stand desks
- inflatable walls
- lots of cameras
- utter tonedeafness
- For some people, remote work is a bug, not a feature. The guys debate.
- Chris takes a stand vis-a-vis “hybrid” office environments.
- Frank drops a bomb — the open plan office is complete Cargo Cultism.
- Digital Watercoolers! They’re as awesome as they are impractical for small teams.
- There is much opination regarding the The Great Resignation. Come one and all - there’s something to insult everyone!
- The guys debate counteroffers. When does it make sense? When is it inappopriate?
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at email@example.com.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed