Wherein Frank finally learns CSS and he's super proud of himself while Chris is riddled with cognitive biases.
Refactored #024: “What We Wish We Knew”
On this episode of Refactored…
- The guys used to be super weird about their résumés; they recount their youthful mis-applications of imagination.
- Chris makes the case that you should ask more questions; no one will think less of you.
- Frank points out that no one is out to get you, so it’s okay to be 87% less paranoid. 13% paranoid is okay though; that’s the offical Refactored Recommended Paranoia Quota™ (the “RRPQ”).
- The guys explore some ways in which the brain plays tricks on you, like the actor-observer bias.
- Go do the scary thing. Overcome “the flinch.” Make it a habit.
- Max out your retirement offerings! (IRA, 401(k), etc.)
Quasimodo Chris recommends paying attention to your office ergonomics; it really compounds over time.
- Frank makes a prediction: Loki will be shown to have been D.B. Cooper.
- The pick of the week is twofold: the You Are Not So Smart podcast and the Brain Games show.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed