Wherein Frank is a shill for hotwired.dev but Chris is more highly decorated than a North Korean general.
Refactored #054: “puts Debugging in Prod”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Chris describes a (totally hypothetical - asking for a friend) failure mode of using EFCore and JsonApiDotNetCore.
- You ever had user complaints of “general slowness?” The guys commiserate, then discuss different paradigms for trying to identify issues in production.
- The guys debate the pitfalls of contracts. Do you want to crash a Mars Rover? Because that’s how you crash a Mars Rover.
- Frank… my gosh for the eleventh time this month?… lays bare his passionate adoration for Hotwired.dev. Do you remember having to manually manipulate XMLHttpRequest objects? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
- There are 2 Hard Problems(tm) in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors.
- Chris equates Jeeps and Node.js - great tools for the specific problem they solve well. Bad experience everywhere else, all the time.
- Jets suck, Yankees suck, Nicks suck.
- Krypton sucks.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed