Wherein Chris is undercover law enforcement and Frank is a consummate demotivator.
Refactored #072: “Rules of the Road”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Frank runs through the “Rules of the Road” (guidelines for fostering heatlhy creative discussion):
- Reserve judgement
- Raise alternatives, not protests
- You are not your ideas
- Always converse at a round table
- The guys agree - leaders should speak last.
- Feedback: Dave asks, “What are your suggestions for building a sense of “team” with everyone working remotely?
- The pick of the week is demotivational material by Despair. Some of our favorites:
- Motivation — If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very easy job. The kind robots will be doing soon.
- Teamwork — Because none of us is as dumb as all of us.
- Consulting — If you’re not part of the solution, there’s good money to be made prolonging the problem.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed