Wherein the guys nerd fight, but agree on spaces over tabs and vim over emacs.
Refactored #073: “Discoverability vs Expressiveness”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Chris likes DistroTube’s video about Vim where he argues (counterintuitively) that Vim is a better UX than a GUI editor.
- Is it worth it to learn the arcane sorceries of a terminal editor? The guys debate. Chris says yea, Frank says nay.
- Vim vs Visual Studio is a great case study to the broader Linux vs
Fisher Price OS Winders debate.
- The guys like PowerShell (except the syntax) and Desired State Configuration (DSC) and
SCCM Microsoft Endpoint Manger (MEM) are brought up for some reason.
- Some time is spent comparing Excel vs Google Docs vs sc.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed