Wherein Chris barges into a holy war while Frank says nice things behind his wife's back.
Refactored #028: “Observability”
On this episode of Refactored…
- The guys discuss software system observability at some length: infrastructure, application performance, and business transaction monitoring.
- Frank vomits in the back of his mouth when Chris says “surfacing revelant insights.”
- Chris likes dockprom as a convenient onramp to the Prometheus ecosystem. The guys also discuss Datadog, Splunk, New Relic. Frank jams Google Data Studio into the discussion.
- Chris goes full Dad: “Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.”
- The guys discuss how the Dunning-Kruger effect and the imposter syndrome impact hiring and team dynamics. Chris rants about the Ship of Theseus, too.
- Shockingly, there is discussion about Marvel.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at email@example.com.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed