Wherein Chris yells at nose pickers while Frank drives a jalopy.
published Sep 24, 2021
Refactored #039: “PHP Still Runs the Web”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Chris is staring down the barrel of yet another performance issue with one of his platforms. Why can’t this guy do software better?
- Frank has some choice words for Entity Framework - but how does it stack up against Hibernate and Active Record? Chris gets nitpicky.
- Somehow the guys wind up in this whole big thing about whether the Purple Monster (PHP) is hot garbage, or charmingly quirky. Do you prefer a clean workshop, or a rusty pickup truck?
- Flon’s Axiom: “There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming language in which it is least bit hard to write bad programs.”
- The guys discuss in more depth the paper mentioned last week, entitled (PDF warning) The Fatiguing Effects of Camera Use in Virtual Meetings: A Within-Person Field Experiment. Although
slow and dangerous behind the wheel a bit of a dry read, there are some interesting findings.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at email@example.com.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed