Wherein Chris accidentally invokes Ted Bundy while Frank gets hammered.
Refactored #055: “Frank’s Red Hot Vim”
On this episode of Refactored…
- Frank flips out when he learns a new Zoom shortcut. His fault for not learning the software or Zoom’s for hiding stuff?
- The guys talk Zoom vs Google Meet. Then they talk Google Wave. Then they talk all the other products Google has killed.
- The guys agree - no seasoned technologist wants to be an early adopter during their 9-5.
- Shout out to a recent Coder Radio talking about the seventy three different fractured chat services Google maintains.
- Editors! Notepad++, Sublime, Atom, VSCode, Vim, and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeee.
- Modern Windows is a billboard by default, Chris contends, and surveillance capitalism creeping into core OS mechanics is morally reprehensible. Woah. Dude. Calm down.
- Totally unrelated to the above, Chris recommends you should consider taking back control of your data. He even has the audacity to drop the L-word.
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy! Reach out at email@example.com.
Visit https://refactored.work/ for the full archive, show notes, and more. Hosted by Chris Tonkinson and Frank Koehl.
Direct link to RSS feed